Share pledge can be used for two purpose
Pledging of shares to take loan in the bank:
In this process you block the value of shares and transfer to the demat account through Delivery Instruction Slips (DIS) in order to take loans against pledged shares from respective bank. You may send email to [email protected] if you wish to pledge for loan.
Pledging of shares to get higher exposure:
In this process, you will get extra exposure for your trading.
- Important points to remember:
- Once it is pledged, shares will not be shown in holding and hence cannot be sold.
- During the period of pledge, you will continue to receive dividends, bonus etc.
- Share Pledge Charges will be applicable and deducted from your trading account.
- Process to Pledge Shares:
To pledge any scrips, you would require to login to BOX and request for pledge of shares. Your request would be processed in two working days.