In case you requested for a payout but your request was only partially processed/rejected, below could be some of the reasons for the same.
- When you sell stocks in cash segment, the funds for the same are received from the Exchange on a T+2 (two days later) basis. Hence, the payout request for those funds can be placed only after they have been received from the exchange.
- In case of FNO/Currency/Commodities, funds are received on T+1. Hence, the payout request for those funds can be placed only after they have been received from the exchange.
- Fund transferred by NEST instant payin(Through Atom) on any day will not be eligible for placing payout on same day. You are required to place payout after T+2 days (T=Working day of bank and stock exchange).
- If there is a margin shortage in FNO/Currency/Commodities positions (eg. due to any MTM loss) payout request might not get processed completely.
- Short selling of stocks: When you short sell any stock in intraday and fail to buy back it on the same day then the shortage amount is blocked in your available balance.
Ex: If you sell XYZ stock of value Rs.10000 in intraday, and as there are no seller you cannot buy back the shares. This leads to short sale of securities. This Rs.10000 will be blocked in your trading account.
- Short delivery from exchange: When you buy shares on Monday, you will receive these shares on Wednesday from the exchange. When you sell the same shares on Tuesday, you need to give back on Thursday to exchange. In case if you do not receive shares on Wednesday, you will not be able to give them back on Thursday. This is considered as Short Delivery of shares. In such cases the total value of stocks sold will be blocked by the exchange.